Thursday, June 4, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - 4th June 2009 - Leg 5 Trinidad to Bermuda

4th of June 2009 - Shane Barnes

Our current course is 350, speed is 5.7, the wind comes from 5 ENE and we have traveled 165nm in the last 24hrs.

We are still docked in Port of Spain. At colors it was announced that we will leave right after colors and be under way again but as it turned out the pilot did not arrive at 10am because of some paper work that needed to be sorted out before he could come on our ship and steer us out of port and then we would be off to Bermuda! My watch group took care of the gang way which is our new docking station and it was kind of easy but doing it while you are being cooked alive by the sun is in fact quite exhausting. The pilot did not arrive until 2hours later and we finally left Port of Spain and it took us probably till lunch when we were fully out of the harbor. By now I was tired and felt sea-sick while I was sitting in class after lunch for 2hours and right after that, I went to sleep. I would have slept till the next day was it not for class again for an hour and dinner. After that I slept again till my watch from 23:00 till 2:00am and my watch group did the seamanship constellation project, which was pointing out and giving details about a star – mine was the Eagle (Aquila).

Then at 2:30am I finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment