Thursday, April 30, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - 30th April - St Helena to Ascension

Thursday, 30th April 2009 - 19:20pm - Felix Kleinwort

3rd sail leg from St. Helena to Ascension
Our position at noon was: Lat 12 ̊ 21.3208
Lon 9 ̊ 30.7872
Our speed at noon was: 5.00Kn
The course is 313
the following sails were set:
JoJiC TL TU TG R Ms Tgs Rs MZ Mzt M MT

Today the wind came from south by east but it was not strong.
I had navigation watch with Shane and Rachelle for two hours today that is a bit challenging atone point because it is hard to concentrate that long because all you can see is just ocean.

We set all the staysails today and the topsails, because the wind was not strong enough.


Today was the first time that I got enough sleep. I had galley yesterday and decided to go to bed earlier, which was a good idea, because I wasn ́t tired during the day.
The food today was acceptable, it was not good but better than normally.
For breakfast we had pancakes with strawberries

Lunch was pizza and for dinner we had fries with meat and cabbage and apple crumble with cream for desert.

Bryan and Brandon were relaxing on the mizzendeck most of the day. This evening Marx had his hair straightened, which I would never do. I have not seen much of the other team members today.
I liked the day because of the nice food and on my watch from 12:00 to 02:00 I was on standby, so I could sleep during the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment