Sunday, April 26, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - Sunday 26th April

26. April – Port St. Helena

I went camping last night with my watch group in St. Helena, well actually on a mountain. It was so cool, we spent the night under the stars and we saw even three shooting stars!!!

Well that was yesterday, let me write about what happened today.
This morning my watch group and watch group 1 went down from our camping spot to Jamestown to meet with the rest of the ship's inhabitants to go on a hike. After we got transport down to town again, we meet the up with the others at the harbour at 10am. Two busses arrived to take us back up again to the hiking trail. The whole group split up in two to fill up both of the busses. It started to rain as we rode up the ever winding road and we finally made it. We had to wait our local guides before we could start our hike, when they pitched up, we began a scenic but wet and dirty route that we would follow for the duration of hike. I think, that the hike was not so gruelling as the one we did up Table Mountain, but I enjoyed it. After the hike, we all went to have lunch at Ann's Place, I had a hamburger and french fries. Hilary gave as additional 10 Pounds each, and I personally needed more, because I had to phone my parents. After we all had our lunch, some students went on their separate ways to go swimming or further explore Jamestown, while the rest stayed behind. Later, also this group went to go swimming at the landing place, where we were waiting for the Zodiacs to take us back to the ship. And oh yes, we saw dolphins on our way back to the ship in the darkness. I enjoyed the day!

Shane Barnes

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shane,
    You might meet the Bailey`s there in St Helena.They are family as my Grandfather is from there.You must keep well.
    Regards
    Mr Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi shane,
    The Bailey`s are related to me in St Helena.My Grandfather is from there.hope you are enjoying yourself.
    Regards
    Mr dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There Shane
    I see the swimming lessons really paid off, a new skill that has empowered you? Think about it!

    Enjoy!
    Ms Chamellé

    ReplyDelete