Sunday, May 17, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - 17th May - Port Natal, Brazil

17th of May 2009 - 4th port day - Monde Sitole

It was the last day of our home stay, the longest I have stayed offshore. The day was obviously a tormenting day for us as we had to say goodbye to our home stay families. Nevertherless, the day itself was a blessing as we squizzed, laughed and giggled for yet another day together. The day started with a long table of exotic and succulent fruits exclusive to Brazil, and dessert fit enough for a monarchy. Afterwards, I took a long shower and they insisted I put perfume on, and yeah I did. Afterwards they gave us a surprise box with a Brazilian T-shirt, a book about Natal and Havaiannas sandals.

Hereafter, we drove to the biggest Cashew nut tree in the world, it's really big and charismatic. We took many pictures and it was there that I met many of the Class Afloat students. I was really delighted, we hugged as it seemed like it was a long time, but it was only 2 days.


Afterwards we drove for about 2 hours to a SPA. We had a massage and aroma therapy treatment. After sitting in the jaccuzzi, we went to have a meal in the big mall where the were about 30 restaurants alongside one another. We went to the vegetarian one. I had a treat - my stomach was so full, it felt as if it was going to explode. The family gave me also a cd collection of Brazilian samba music. We drove hereafter to the ship, at the time it was 3.40pm, and the time allocated for our return was 3pm, but we drove anyway and arrived 4.12pm.

The day in essence was lifechanging. We had the greatest hospitality treatment. We enjoyed ourselves. This trip is proving to be worth it everyday and we all feel honoured to be in this voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment