Saturday, May 9, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - 9th May - Ascension to Fernando Island

9th of May 2009 - Brandon Schoor
4th sail leg from Ascension to Fernando Island and Natal, Brazil


speed....7.5 knots
longitude....4 50.3245
latitude...27 33.9976
nearest cost...Brazil
temperature...31 degrees

Today was twins day,where everybody had to choose a twin and they had to dress up the same, but myself, Gustav and Bryan decided to dress up as triplets, we wore ladies shorts, shirts and wife beaters... (which looked awesome and weird)... but we didn't care... later on we found out that at 13:00pm the time will go back for another hour, so when it was 13:00 it would actually be 12:00. When I found out about that, mine and Marx face went sour, because this would mean... we had to do 3hours of Navigation watch instead of 2hours... Later on in our 3hour Nav. Watch, me and Marx saw something very disturbing (if I must say so myself)... Gustav and Bryan were dressed up as two girls wearing a Bra and G-string and doing a photo shoot... when the photo shoot and my Nav. watch were done, me, Bryan and Gustav played a game of cards for a few minutes... 30 minutes later they called for all free hands on desk to help strike all the sails (fold and put away all the sails)... once all the sails were striked, we switched on the motor and we started going faster and faster... I asked Gustav and Bryan how was their day and they said unforgettable and I agree with them... we'll never forget this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment