Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - 27th May - Brazil to Trinidad

27th of May 2009- Gustav Michael Allmann ;)

Our latitude is 3 degrees and 30.32 minutes north, our longitude is 45 degrees and 50.20 minutes west and the temperature is 29.

Today started off just like any other day: breakfast, colors and instead of cleaning stations, Ben requested all hands for sailing maneuvers. I was extremely happy when i heard that because I've been getting annoyed with the fact that were just motoring all the time. Setting the sails was so awesome because after every sail was set the ship would tilt even more and once we were all done it was difficult to walk from port to starboard. One had to almost crawl on all fours. Not only did the ship tilt more after every sail was set but the sky would also open cloud by cloud as the sails went up. The first sighting of the sun in several days. I was literally jumping for joy once we were done, think I've fallen in love with sailing because I get this adrenalin rush when were so tilted and speeding at + - 9 knots. Bryan, Sarah and myself were leaning over the starboard rail and just admiring the sun, the sea, the wind, and the waves crashing and spraying against our beautiful Concordia.

Hilary and Dayana were responsible for another pleasant surprise of the day. They gave us letters which our parents wrote for us before we left. I was overjoyed and couldn't wait to read it but I had to wait two long day watch hours before I could read it. Once in class everyone that hadn't read theirs yet had the opportunity to do so. Some of us got really emotional reading their letters but everyone was really happy afterwards and I'm sure everyone is looking even more forward to going home now...

No comments:

Post a Comment