Tuesday, May 19, 2009

TEAM SA LOGBOOK - 19th May - Port Natal, Brazil

19th of May 2009 - 1st additional (6th) port day - Felix Kleinwort

Today is our first day that we have got extra, because we are still waiting for our new EPIRB, which is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Kent our first mate is gone, for personal reasons and we will get a new mate on Thursday. So we will spend two more days than planned in Natal, which most of us liked very much, but some of us were running short on money, so they couldn't really do anything.

I went with Max, Jonas and Karl to the beach, where we spend most of the day. Besides swimming and lying in the sun we went to the internet café, from where we had the chance to call our family with skype. It was the first time I saw them via camera since we left Cape Town, that was really exciting for me.

In the evening we went to have dinner with Jenn, Jonas and Kate. We went to a really nice restaurant were we ate from a buffet. The food was really good and I enjoyed my last proper food before going back to the routine of the ship and the bad food we get there. In the taxi we took, we could watch a movie, because there was a screen. So we watched Transporter 3 on our way back home.

After all I really liked it today, but I am already looking forward to being back on sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment